Monday, November 2, 2009

November is Diabetes Awareness Month

With November comes many things. The first hints of autumn, my birthday (the 12th), and one of the most important, Diabetes Awareness Month.

This cause has rather recently become very near and dear to me. My boyfriend of 8 months was diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes when he was 17. Granted, it's rather old to be diagnosed, and I think in some ways, more challenging for him. He handles it very well though, and the strength with which he meets the issues facing him and the complications from his diabetes amaze me everyday. He's an incredibly strong person.

Out of my love and concern for him, I have taken a new interest in diabetes research and treatment options. We both are always on the lookout for new treatments, and hope to one day see a cure. Until then, we do the best we can.

This is why I've decided to make special items in my shop, whose sales will go towards befitting the American Diabetes Association and all that they do. You can learn more about this wonderful organization at their website.

I will soon be adding these items to my shop, so please keep an eye out for them!

Happy November, and happy crafting!
~TPE

No comments:

Post a Comment