Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Project Time!

Okay, so it's a little late, but I spent yesterday meeting a friend from my boyfriend's work. We out out to see Zombieland. If you haven't seen this movie yet, GO. NOW.

This movie is hilarious! It combines a wry wit and sarcasm with the perfect blend of suspense and gore to keep die hard zombie fans happy. Even if you're not a huge fan of zombies, the great acting and comedic stylings of the awesome cast will keep you well entertained. This is definitely a must see and, in my opinion, a must own when it hits selves. ^_^

But, on with what you're really here for, the weekend craft round-up!

This week, it's paper beads. This is a great way to use up all that scrap paper, or to recycle old newspapers and magazines. I have lots of new ways of making paper beads, and the possibilities are endless!

First, I have a great tutorial on how to make your basic, rolled paper bead. It even has some great ideas on embellishing them to add a little more pizazz. Also, check out the author's website at Hodous.com for some amazing beaded art.






Next, I have a really cool take on paper beads from Folding Trees. Called paper pod beads, this is a really unique way to make paper beads, and can be done with almost any symetrical shape. I made mine with rings, creating a 'gyroscope' shape, and I have a TON of ideas on other shapes to try. You can find the tutorial here.




How about a way to use up those old newspapers? This project will have you stealing your neighbors paper, or maybe just buying Sunday papers in bulk, lol. I'm totally addicted to this project! Gorgeous, eco-friendly beads, you'd never guess they were so easy! Find the tutorial here at A Storybook Life.







Happy crafting!

~TPE

1 comment: