Sunday, December 6, 2009

Appartment Infussion: Cool, Cheap Ways to Make Great Wall Art

You don't have to break the bank to have great wall decor for your home. I've looked around different stores, and lemme tell ya', wall art is expensive. Being a just-out-of-college, poor 20-something year old, I can't afford it, but that doesn't mean I can't still have interesting and beautiful decor.

First off, we have an art collage I made myself. You can collage anything from bits of scrap paper and other sundries or scrapping embellishments. Not feeling you're that creative? Find a cute, simple picture online (I suggest vectors) and cut out the elements out of different patterned paper for a quick, simple collage project. Play around, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results! ^_^












Next, we have some AWESOME Beatles art I cut out of a Rolling Stone magazine and framed. Check out old magazines, and you'd be surprised what you can find. Full page art spreads make really wonderful wall art, as the pages are nice and glossy. National Geographics are a really good place to start looking, and can usually be picked up at resale book shops (like Half-Priced Books) really cheap. Get to hunting! ^_^











And lastly, we have wall art from a rather unexpected source. This fetching piece was made using a FONT! That's right, I simply downloaded this font and made it about size 600 in a word document. I then printscreened it into regular old Windows paint and resized it to make sure it would be the right size for my frame, and BAM!, wall art.
You can download other awesome art fonts at Font empire in their Symbols and Pictures section here. You'd be surprised what awesome stuff you'll find!



I hope this has shown you that art comes from EVERYWHERE and that you by no means have to buy store-bought wall art for your place to look amazing. Get creative, and get hunting, and you'll be surprised how good it'll feel to have unique art you made on your walls.

Happy crafting everyone!
~TPE

No comments:

Post a Comment